- General Policy. ShedRain Corporation (“ShedRain”) is an Oregon corporation located at 8303 NE Killingsworth St., Portland, OR 97220, USA. We at ShedRain are committed to respecting your privacy and using information about you carefully and responsibly. This document (this “Policy”) describes the information that we collect about visitors to this website (this “Site”), where we store that information, and how we use and protect that information. It also discusses certain choices you have regarding that information. Although we are committed to protecting your personal information no matter how it is obtained, this document only addresses data that ShedRain obtains through this Site.
Personal Information ShedRain Collects. ShedRain collects the following information from and about visitors to this site:
a. Information That You Provide. We collect information when you create an account, apply for credit or purchase products offered on this Site, when you enter a sweepstakes or contest or participate in a promotion offered on this Site, when you complete surveys or forms on this Site, when you request to receive our catalog or information about our products, when you subscribe to receive our newsletter or email updates, and when you report a problem with this Site. We also keep the correspondence you send us. Such information collected may include your first and last name, address, telephone number, and email address, and may also include payment information, information about recent purchases, information about your interests and activities and certain demographic data.
b. Transaction Data. We collect information about your purchases and other transactions through this Site.
c. Visits; IP Addresses. Our servers track information about the number of visitors to this Site and their viewing behavior. We collect information about your visits to this Site including, if available, the date and time you access this Site, your unique IP address, the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to this Site, your operating system and browser type, the pages you view and how long you view them, other traffic data, and your browser and plug-in configurations. We use this information to administer the Site, and we may report aggregate, statistical information on an anonymous basis to some of our suppliers, licensors and/or advertisers. While that information describes our visitors’ activities while visiting this Site, it does not include any of our visitors’ personally identifiable information.
Security of Your Information. We are committed to keeping your personally identifiable information and financial information safe.
b. Storage. When we receive your information, we will use security processes and procedures consistent with industry standards. We encrypt all credit card information using Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology, and we will do our best to prevent unauthorized access to, or use of, that information. For example, we store information that we collect from this Site on secure servers in physically secure facilities. Except as otherwise outlined in this Policy, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We also maintain physical, electronic/technological, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information; however, no system is completely secure. Your use of, and the transmission of data to, this Site are at your own risk.
Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose your information to our subsidiaries and other affiliated companies to make product sales, to provide warranty and help desk support, and to provide other assistance. We may also disclose your information to unrelated persons in the following circumstances:
a. Investigations. We may disclose your information to unrelated persons in the investigation of any actual or suspected: (a) breach of this Policy or our Website Terms and Conditions, (b) illegal activity, (c) fraud, (d) intellectual property infringement, or (d) threats of violence or other harm.
b. Our Third Party Service Providers. We may disclose your information to unrelated persons in as necessary for our third party service providers to provide services to us. For example, we may engage other companies to host, operate and maintain this Site, to analyze data, provide marketing assistance, fulfill and deliver your orders for our products or services for our business customers (as indicated above, third party distributors will sell products to consumers), process your credit card payments, process your credit application, perform inventories or assessments, and provide other services. In those situations, we will provide them access only to the personal information they need in order to do their jobs and only if they have agreed in writing not to use your information for any other purpose and not to disclose your information to anyone outside of their organizations other than as required by law. ShedRain cannot, however, guaranty that those companies will protect your personal information to the same extent described in this Policy.
c. Merger and Acquisition Activity. We may disclose your information to prospective investors in, or buyers of, ShedRain or its subsidiaries in connection with their due diligence and/or ultimate investment or acquisition (and in the case of an acquisition, your information will be one of the assets transferred).
d. Other Cases. We may disclose your information if we in good-faith believe we are required to do so: (a) to comply with applicable law, including court orders, subpoenas, statutes and regulations; (b) to protect and defend ShedRain’s rights or property; and/or (c) in an emergency to protect the personal safety of ShedRain’s customers, visitors or the public.
e. With Your Permission. We may disclose your information to unrelated persons when you have given us permission to do so.
ShedRain’s Use of Your Information. ShedRain uses information about you in order to provide the goods and services described in this Site, to improve the Site’s content, organization, layout and other features, to communicate with you about our products, contests, sweepstakes and other offerings that we believe may be of interest to you, and unless you advise us not to do so in the manner indicated in Section 8 below, ShedRain will also communicate with you about the products and services of others that we believe may be of interest to you. In addition, ShedRain may share customer information with its subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes described in Section 4 above.
a. We do not sell your information. Except as otherwise outlined in this Policy, ShedRain will not sell your personal information to others except in connection with the sale of all or substantially all of the assets of ShedRain or its subsidiaries, or the assets related to any part of this Site, and in that case that information will continue to be governed by the Policy in effect on the date of the sale.
b. Communications with you. From time to time, ShedRain may use your personal information to send email messages to you regarding products, parts or services that you have purchased from ShedRain, to respond to any emails or other communications you send to us, and/or to advise you of any problems with the Site. In addition, we may send you promotional email messages about goods, services, events and offers that we believe may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive such promotional emails, please contact ShedRain at email@example.com or by following the unsubscribe instructions located at the end of any promotional email you receive from us. Such requests may take up to 10 days to become effective, as permitted by law. If you choose, you may at anytime reauthorize us to send you promotional emails.
- Links to Other Websites. When you visit this Site, you may have the opportunity to access or link to third party websites. Those websites are beyond our control, and those other websites may not have privacy policies and security protections, or their privacy policies or security protections may not be as protective of your personal information as this Policy and our protections. These other websites may send their own cookies to visitors, collect data or solicit personal information. We recommend that you review and understand the privacy policies of the websites you visit, whether you visit those websites directly or through a link from a page on this Site.
- Log-on Information. If we issue, or you select, a user name, password, personal identification number or other log-on information in connection with your use of this Site, a credit application, a purchase transaction, or any other interaction with this Site, you are responsible for keeping that log-on information confidential. Do not share your log-on information with anyone else.
- Notice. If you have any reason to suspect that your log-on information or any of your other personal information has been compromised, please notify us immediately. In addition, if you have questions about this Policy, please let us know. You may also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via first class mail to ShedRain Corporation, P.O. Box 55460, Portland, OR 97238, USA, or by telephoning Customer Service at 1-800-722-7246.
- Policy Regarding Children. This Site is intended for use by adults. We have not designed our Site to encourage transactions with, or to obtain information from, children, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will promptly delete any personally identifiable information inadvertently collected from this user.
- Governing Law. All disputes relating to information about you, this Policy or any other aspect of this Site will be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon, and to the extent applicable, the federal laws of the United States of America.
- Arbitration. All disputes (whether in contract, tort or otherwise, whether statutory, common law or equitable and whether pre-existing, present or future) against ShedRain, its agents, employees, affiliates, successors and assigns (collectively, the “ShedRain Affiliates”), relating to your personal information or the terms of this Policy will be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the Arbitration Service of Portland (“ASP”) under its arbitration rules then in effect. You may obtain a copy of those rules by writing to ASP at 620 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 1010, Portland, Oregon 97204, by downloading the rules from ASP’s website http://www.arbserve.com or by telephoning ASP at 503-226-3109 or at 1-800-423-1216. That arbitration will be conducted before a single neutral arbitrator and will be limited solely to the dispute between ShedRain and you, the user. The arbitration will be conducted in Portland, Oregon, or by telephone or online. Any award of the arbitrator will be final and binding on each of the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. Either you or ShedRain may, without violating this provision, seek from a court any equitable relief that may be necessary to protect the rights or property of that person pending the appointment of an arbitrator (or pending the arbitrator’s determination of the merits of the controversy), and in those cases, you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of any state or federal court sitting in the State of Oregon, you waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in those courts and any claim that forum is inconvenient, and you agree not to initiate any proceeding against ShedRain in any other jurisdiction.
- Headings. The section headings used in this Policy are for convenience of reference only, do not affect the construction or interpretation of the text of this Policy, and are not part of this Policy.
- Separate Agreements. If any provision of this Policy is unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason, then that provision will be deemed to be deleted from this Policy and that deletion will not affect in any way the remaining provisions in this Policy.
- Miscellaneous. This Policy does not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet, and therefore beyond our control. We use reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure. However, we are not responsible for the actions of others.